Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
Mexican food? Yes, please! This super easy recipe lets you feel like you're in Cuba doing the salsa. There are two ways to prepare this, one with a conventional oven or an air fryer. Using an air fryer saves energy, is quicker, and is much less effortful. Excellent sides for this dish are tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, queso. I love adding a side of roasted vegetables to all my dishes to get those extra nutrients.
1 lb. of Shredded Chicken
2-3 cups of Cheese (Mexican blend, Cheddar, Pepper Jack)
1 cup of chopped onions
3-4 cloves of garlic
8-10 tortillas (white or wheat)
1 teaspoon of Paprika
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. First things first, let's prepare our meat. Season the shredded chicken in a bowl with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium heated pan, cook the chicken for around 4-6 minutes. (the chicken won't be cooked all the way, but that is ok)
3. Put the semi-cooked chicken in a bowl and mix it with the cheese, onions, garlic, and seasonings, adding how little or much of each as you desire.
4. Using the olive oil, rub it on the outside of each tortilla.
5. Roll up each tortilla with the filling you just made (optional: sprinkle cheese on top of the filling before rolling up the tortilla).
6. Place your rolled up tortillas in your air fryer.
7. Cook for 10 minutes, rotating the taquitos halfway through.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!