I love nachos, especially when I have most of the ingredients already in my fridge or pantry. It's definitely a challenge to try to make Mexican food healthier than it usually is. But I think with a couple of ingredient substitutions. I got the recipe. I would never want to give up my favorite foods, and now you don't have to!
2 cups of shredded chicken (already cooked)
1 cup salsa
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 bag of whole wheat tortilla chips (flat chips are better than scoops)
1 can of black or brown beans
2-3 cups of cheese (I use a Mexican blend of cheddar)
1 small tomato
1 small onion
optional toppings: pico de gallo, cilantro, sour cream, jalapeños, avocados, black olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-high heat saucepan, combine shredded chicken with seasoning and salsa.
3. Prep the rest of your ingredients. Chop the onion and tomato and keep them separately.
4. On a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil and layer accordingly:
5. Place in the oven for around ten minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add optional toppings if you want, and enjoy!